Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just curious...

You have to wonder what the back story is on this. A man is arrested for child endangerment after he posts a picture on Facebook of him holding his infant daughter and a BB pistol. Was he pointing it at her? Is it simply a matter of the child's maternal grandmother taking an opportunity to stick it to a son-in-law or "baby daddy" she detests. That I at least understand and have sympathy for. I have no clue what kind of father the arrestee is or what kind of hisotry he has. Unfortunately, the picture is not available to the new outlets and what I know is the bare bones of this news story. I'm just curious as to why having a picture of yourself with a child and a BB gun posted on social media qualifies as "child endangerment" in Colerain Township Ohio and what's going to happen if someone else posts a picture of themselves and their child plinking with a 10-22?

2 comments:

Wolfman said...

I saw this news story and wondered the same thing. Of course, I've seen all manner of pictures involving kids with guns in their hands and joints in their mouth, and similar- without the evidence, we have no context. I open carry at the grocery store while wearing my son in the swedish marsupial (don't laugh, hands free!), does this city think that's child endangerment? Context!

kahr40 said...

No laughing here. that's the only way to carry an infant when you're out and about. I've done the same.