Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The New Bradys

So I noticed Gabby Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, have announced a new gun control initiative. Kelly's a gun owner but they want common sense solutions to gun violence. They want to provide a counter force to the NRA's influence in Washington. The NRA is full if fringe extremists and don't represent the majority of gun owners in this country. Sounds like divide and conquer to me. It also smells of the fat little fingers of Mayor Mikey Bloomberg. Yeah I know. I've not seen anything in print supporting that claim but they met with him and like I said, it smells. OK then. We have two new poster children for the gun control movement and a strategy that should concern us. Our advantage is they are operating on a false premises. The NRA isn't the fringe of gun owners. It's the mainstream. Opposition to an assault weapons ban, magazine ban, and backgrounds on private sales aren't fringe. They just wish they were. Now I'll admit there are fringe elements in any group. We have ours as well. Infringe on our rights and they'll no doubt see them.

No comments: